Thursday, May 18, 2006

It was just too quiet


All of the sudden, it just seemed too quiet in the kitchen while Jared and I were hanging out in the living room. I got up to check on the whereabouts of Einar and just had to get the camera. He sort of got himself stuck on that shelf and needed some assistance getting down. A couple cupboards in our house just have things that Einar can play with and unfortunately that is one where the flour and sugar have to live. I don't know what else Einar found in there, but he didn't have much headroom.

Tonight we had some pasta primevara for dinner. I figured that Jared needed some pasta after a 19 mile full battalion hike today. I also thought that if I diced up all of the veggies that Einar would appreciate the meal as well--he loves the frozen mixed vegetables that we make for him. However, most of tonight's dinner was picked up piece by piece at least 3 times per penne and in and out of his bowl. The rest of us enjoyed the meal.

Now I'm watching "The Family Stone" on DVD. Jared and Einar are in bed. I watched a bit of it on the plane to Germany, but missed a few parts and the ending because Einar demanded more attention than the cool entertainment system that I could control from my seat. As I'm watching this, I'm not sure I missed much.

Today we met up with our friends at the park this morning for snacks and playing. Einar was quite intent on filling the sand buckets with his shovels. Usually the other kids provide a bit of distraction for him, but today he was pretty serious about the sand and bucket thing. After the park we came home for a nap for both of us.