Saturday, September 16, 2006

Speaking in Sentences
















Last Sunday while I was having dinner and watching a movie with some of my Seattle Mom-friends, Einar spoke his first sentences. Most would call them phrases, but when you go from only one word to two strung together for the first time, it's a sentence. His were: "Me YAH!" and "Me NOW!" My parents were watching him and he was pointing at things on the counter and saying that when he wanted what he was pointing at. "Me NOW" indicated that he wanted it faster than it was coming already.

Tonight he started saying "Me NA" which means "Me No." This is used when Mom suggests that it is clean-up time and we both need to clean up the toys. Or any other thing that Mom wants Einar to do but that Einar would rather not take part. It's been a rough evening! I'm tired after our two weeks in Seattle spending time with our families and having all kinds of extra pairs of hands around to help with the little guy and then coming home and having a few days of just me and Einar again. Einar only stops when he asleep in his bed. He might read quietly, but then the books get taken around the house with him and left out all over.

I did enjoy an entire 5 days in Connecticut while Einar was with his grandparents in Seattle. My college friend, Craig, got married over the Labor Day weekend and I flew back to attend and to have a kid-free weekend with another college friend, Katie. Katie left her two kids home with Dad for the weekend. It was so relaxing and we even got to enjoy the whole wedding without any disruptions or diaper changes! If you are ever on the Connecticut coast, check out the Sound Reach Bed and Breakfast in Guilford. Katie and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay and the breakfasts were fabulous.

While I was in Connectictut, Einar was hanging out with the grandparents. I guess he only looked around the house for me once and then when he figured out that I wasn't around, he didn't look any further he just had a good time. He took a successful nap in the ready bed (like his camping bed) at Poppa and FarMor's, mowed the lawn, played in the fountains, ate nonstop, and only had to have one time out when he started hitting. All-in-all a successful stay without Mom!

When I returned to Seattle, we went to the zoo, to the Puyallup Fair, played with Einar's PEPS friends, celebrated my 32nd Birthday, ate lots of yummy food, and visited with lots of friends and family.