Thursday, June 21, 2007

Welcome Summer!





Today was the first day of summer, although it's felt like summer for a week or two here in San Clemente. I've posted a couple of pictures of our trip to the swimming pool with Einar's friend Kayla last Friday. Those two had a great time playing in the pool on the stairs after we came back from their music class and held hands all the way to the cars. I got my first burn of the season since I guess I can't reach the entirety of the skin that my bathing suit exposes on my back. Einar calls my burn a "butterfly owie" since it is the shape of a butterfly in the middle of my back. He came up with that himself.

The pictures of the butter explain the challenges that I have to keep the butter safe from our kid. He now takes the whole cube when it's cold and nibbles off the end, or if it's warm, he'll squish it in his hand and then lick his hands. He really likes butter, just like his father does.

Speaking of his father, Jared is currently in Quantico, VA for a First Sergeant's Course that is two weeks long. We took him to the airport on Father's Day morning and we'll pick him up on the 30th. He is able to call every day and is having a good time. We miss him!

I'll probably post another entry in the coming week, but Jared took our camera to Virginia, so there won't be any new pictures till after he returns. Then I there will most likely be pictures of the Aerospace museum and of other things that Jared is checking out on his trip. I might employ him as a guest blogger too.