Thursday, July 12, 2007

Sunny Summer Days





Like much of the West Coast this past week, we've been enjoying some lovely summer days. It's been so clear and the ocean so blue that I had to take a picture of the place so that you can all enjoy it as well.

This morning I watched Hailey and Nathan and the four of us walked around the neighborhood, fed the animals (only the donkey and the sheep since the horse didn't come down from the corral today), and ran around the golf course to burn of excess energy before lunch. Then it was back to our house where I made a yummy veggie and noodle stir-fry that was quickly gobbled up by the crew. Once Kathleen and the kids had left and Einar was down for his nap I noticed that my 30 spf didn't work to well on my shoulders this morning and they are now in need of some aloe vera gel.

One exciting thing in Einar's life is that he is now sleeping in a big boy bed instead of his crib. This afternoon when my friend Kelly came to pick something up, Einar came down to meet her and said "Come, Look My Big Boy Bed!" and he gave her a tour. We got it all ready for him about a week ago and he's been doing very well with the whole idea. The crib is still set up in case he chooses it over his big boy bed, but the biggest reason it is still up is because I haven't figured out where I'm going to store it. He stays in his room and doesn't wander around, but we have caught him bringing books into bed and reading. If he hears us coming down the stairs, he chucks them out as quickly as possible and pretends that he's been laying down. At least he enjoys books as much as I do!

After his nap this afternoon, I took him down to Dana Point Harbor to throw rocks into the ocean and watch people. We had a grand old time till the tide got a little too high for our comfort and we headed back to our car. Then it was home to make dinner and get Einar to bed. Lots of fresh air today should make for a good night's sleep.