Friday, November 23, 2007

Day After Thanksgiving


We might not be out shopping at the mall on this gorgeous day after Thanksgiving, but we are bright- eyed and bushy-tailed after sleeping in till 9! We've even showered and I'm dressed, but Einar decided that he wanted to put his pajamas on again after getting all clean. He is now watching a new show called Word World--more animals building words, but not as "Scary" as Super Why. Super Why had an episode about Hansel and Gretel several weeks ago and it really freaked him out and now he won't watch the show at all.

Yesterday we had a nice relaxing Turkey Day here in San Clemente. My friend Betsy drove down from Yucca Valley with her two kids to spend the day and eat turkey. Her husband Frank is deployed in Iraq right now. I cooked an 11lb turkey that turned out really well and now have a stock pot of soup in the fridge too =). Einar and Jacob played trains most of the day and the two little kids and the moms even got a little bit of a nap in after our noon meal. Betsy took the pictures yesterday, so when I get some of those I'll post them.

Today is a blank slate. I just know that we're not up for a day of shopping!