Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Cowboy and His Posse Go Shopping

Last night we all went shopping in search of a dress for me to wear to the Marine Corps Birthday Ball that is coming up in November. Why take your whole family to go dress shopping, you ask? I think because Jared is afraid that I might be gone half a day or more if I head out to do alone at the mall and that baby of ours still wants to see mom more often than not. So we decided to make it a family outing and it worked exceptionally well.

When I told Einar to go get dressed since we were going to go shopping and I wasn't going to take him in his pajamas he came back naked and holding his horse costume. (He's going to be a horse for Halloween). Well, it's really not cold enough to be parading around town in a horse costume since the Santa Ana winds are blowing and the temperature has been in the upper 70s all week. If it were cooler, he might have been able to get away with it since it is October and he's 3years old, but I decided to steer him away from the horse costume and instead encouraged him to wear his cowboy suit. That idea went over splendidly and we went shopping with a very happy cowboy who liked the sound that his boots made when he walked.

So while I looked at dresses, I either had the cowboy with me in the dressing room since he likes to offer his opinions, or he was hanging out with Jared and Soren in the mall. In the long run I did find two dresses and I'm still trying to make a decision, but I no longer have to worry about going to the ball naked or in my bathrobe.
His T-shirt says "Tough Guys Wear Pink."