Tuesday, November 03, 2009

August and September Wrap-up

We made lots of great stops along the way from CA to WA (why won't this underline blue thing go away?!?!?!)  The Reagan library where we saw  Air Force ONe and got to go on board for a tour; Monterey Bay and it's fabulous aquarium; Gardnerville , NV where we reconnected with  our friends Chuck and Darlene and hit the hot springs in Markleeville;   San  Francisco and some  time  with the Fenells; and we even got to drive through some great big redwood trees!  The carseats started to feel like  our home, but it was sure good to make it to Bellingham and  out of the car.Then there was the ice cream and grilled cheese sandwiches in Tillamook.  We could have had all 38 flavors, but we had to make some room for lunch at Bob's Red Mill.  
Soren did get his first haircut finally and for all of you who were worried about losing the curls, not to worry, it was just a trim.  (hey, how did the underline and black disappear?  The next blog better go better in its production).  Once we were in Bellingham, we opted to do more getting around with our feet and bicycles.  The boys however think that I ride my bike too slowly on the way home as compared to Dad.

Jared has a new red rain coat and I snapped a photo of him on one of his first days of school.  He's got a new uniform now that includes colored t-shirts and jeans.  He's also added a beard and is looking great!

Bellingham Bay is beautiful when I get to see it.  I don't head down to that part of town much and neither am I on to many hills to see the view.    I do walk the boys downtown once in awhile and the other day we even saw some big old salmon swimming up the ladder.

You'd think by the looks of Einar's face that Rocket Donuts are horrible, but then you see his plate and his donut is long gone.  I think I caught him just in the middle of one of his crazy smiles.  That morning I'd packed them up in the bike trailer and rode them downtown to the library to check out some more books and then to Rocket Donuts before heading back home.  On the way home Einar asked why we weren't going as fast as Dad up the hill.  I guess less donuts and more exercise for Mom.

1 comment:

Seattle Guy said...

Hello! Just blogspotting. Great blog! I bookmarked it.

Happy blogging! :)