Saturday, December 10, 2005

Meeting Santa




This morning we went to the Santa Breakfast at church and Einar had his first run-in with the Jolly ol' man. It didn't go well. As soon as we approached Santa and Einar saw him up close, his entire body tensed up and he clung to me for dear life with his head buried in my shoulder. He just cried as we handed him over to Santa. Even when Jared gave Santa my car keys to distract the little guy, a trick that usually works wonders, it didn't console him. Only going back to mom worked and it took him a little while to relax after the ordeal.

I guess we know now that he's into that stranger anxiety phase now. He also struggles when I go downstairs and he is still upstairs, even if Jared is with him. Wish us luck over the holidays. He's hoping that he won't come face to face with any more Santas even though the picture that we got this morning is a Polaroid and I'd like a better print for the future Santa collection. If he knew that I'm planning to have one of these pictures taken every year, he'd probably lose it all over again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Einar, I had the same reaction to Santa when I was little. Try the Easter Bunny. It's a lot less scary.

Megan