Friday, December 08, 2006

New Sofa!


Today was a red letter day not only because there is a new red sofa in our living room, but also since Elf Einar and I finished our Christmas Shopping! Whew, I think I'll put my feet up on the chaise and relax a bit with a Thomas the Tank Engine book and the little elf boy with the runny nose and new molars.

Jared comes home in 4 Days! I sure didn't get everything done on my "deployment to-do list," but the sofa was delivered before he arrived (just barely), his car just got its oil change, we can relax together as a family and not get tied-up in Christmas shopping, and even though we had to live apart as a family for the past six months I had a good time with Einar and didn't mope around the house. It will be great to have him home again! Ok, so maybe I'll cook him a few meals when he arrives, but won't it be nice to wake up to an aebleskiver or waffle breakfast on the weekend that I didn't have to make? He's already given me his grocery list of things that he is looking forward to eating and it includes buttermilk for those breakfasts, steak, potatoes, green beans and a couple of other Jared foods. He also gets to choose what we are serving for Christmas dinner.

I asked Einar if he remembers who Daddy is and he said "Yah!" and then ran out into the hallway to point at our wedding photos. Jared is also the only person that Einar has been willing to "talk" to on the phone this week. I'm using "talk" in quotations because he typically remains silent as he listens to the person on the other end of the phone call.