Sunday, December 21, 2008

Decorating our Home for Christmas

The stockings have been hung over the couch with great care in hopes that St. Nicholas will soon visit there. The boys have monster-sized stockings that absolutely dwarf those from our childhoods. Grandma got a bit carried away with the size of Einar's when she made it for his first Christmas and so when I made Soren's this week I matched the size so as not to fuel any stocking envy arguments in the future.

This is Soren's new stocking. On Friday we went over to my friend Marianne's and had a day of stocking making. The red and blue felt is recycled from 3 old stockings that she wasn't using anymore and the brown is from an old curtain she had in her linen closet. All my sewing skills (yes, Mom and Tor I do think that I must have learned something all those years ago even though I still am prone to winging it.) came back to me and I came up with this fabulous stocking for Soren. It has inspired me to bust out my own sewing machine that I got at a garage sale this summer.

Our decorated tree. Einar was my tree decorating helper and we didn't break a single ornament! He was very careful unwrapping the ornaments, making sure that they had a hook, and handing them over to me to hang.

Hamming it up for the camera as he unwrapped another ornament.