Monday, April 10, 2006

Like Mother Like Son



It seems that Einar wants to do a happy food dance when he eats chocolate just like his mom and dad. Now I'm not the only one on this blog that is shown going crazy with chocolate. This afternoon I made some mini brownies for Jared to take to work to celebrate his birthday on Wednesday. We enjoyed a few of them for dessert and Einar had one of his own. Surprise, surprise, that went over better than the Arugula-Beet Green Pesto Rotini that I had made for dinner.

Now that the dishes are done and the boys are both in bed I can upload a couple of pictures. I tend to be a bit more of a night-owl than Jared and usually when I hit the pillow by 9, I get a second wind and am wide awake. Oh well, maybe that's why I don't have to be at work at 4:45am any longer. Einar and I tend to wake up anywhere between 7:30 and 9am.

When we wake up we start our day most mornings with oatmeal made with craisins and some fruit. Einar's favorites these days are melons and bananas. I also get a cup of coffee or tea. Breakfast, like most meals, is a very messy affair and usually takes us at least 40 minutes. Then we rush to get out of the house so that we can meet some friends at the park by 10 or go for a walk. Today was a park day and we went to Liberty Park in the Talega development. It has really nice, soft sand to play with.

Einar was a bit of a meltdown man again today and we had to leave the park around 11:30 since he was starting to push some kids around because they were playing with a particular green bucket that he was eyeing. It was time for a bottle, a burp cloth and a nap.

Later this afternoon after Einar's nap and the completion of my Monday chores, we walked down to Ralph's for a few things off of the grocery list that we haven't been able to find at the commissary. Then we stopped at Starbucks and got coffee for me and a chai for my friend Kathleen and we walked back to her house for a little afternoon snack and playtime. Sorry I don't have any pictures of playtime, I forgot my camera again.