Sunday, April 02, 2006

Time Change





Einar has not adjusted easily to the time change today. He was a sleepy sleepy boy this morning during church and tonight was not an easy-to-bed night. It's almost ten and his head just hit the pillow AGAIN!--he's finally out of words for the evening. Those smiley pictures of him in his green pajamas were taken just 15 minutes ago. I am thankful that he's not fussy with the transisition, just happy with a few more words to share tonight.

Jared and Einar came down to the beach with me this afternoon to do a clean-up of my stretch of sand. It was low tide so we got to walk along the water instead of just up by the train tracks. I filled a big yellow bag with stuff, but it seemed cleaner than the last time I was down there. Jared and Einar were there for moral support and the view. It was nice to have Jared carry the little guy in the backpack. I had been worried about the 100 stairs down to the shore, but once we got there I saw other challenges like going down by the creek and under the train tracks to get to the water. Jared was the perfect kid transporter for the job!

Earlier this week Jared and I felt like horrible parents when we took him to have his feet measured and we found out that we've been stuffing 5 1/2 to 6 sized feet into size 3 and 4 shoes. We realize that foot-binding went out of style years ago and Einar would have trouble passing for a Chinese woman anyway. It's time to make the trip to the shoe store for foot measurements on a regular business. He walks better with bigger shoes.