Sunday, April 09, 2006

Meltdown Man







I think that Einar is working on a few new teeth. We haven't seen them pop through yet, but if the feverish little body and tendency to become Meltdown Man frequently are any indicators, then new teeth will be appearing shortly. He's doing pretty well considering, but if things don't happen to go his way, he loses it.

On the other hand, several times over the last few days he has spent 15-20 minutes walking around the living room just giggling. He seems to be really happy most of the time and has quite a sense of humor.

Last night after he went to bed, Jared and I played a couple of games of Labrynth. It is a game that my friend Karin gave us and it is a lot of fun. I got whooped twice last night before I threw in the towel--Jared was on a roll. We were also enjoying a bit of coffee and chocolate while playing the game. I guess I got carried away with the chocolate.

Today after church we drove to Laguna Beach and found the Yellow Crystal Cove Shake Shack. It was featured on Rachel Rae's $40 a Day show and I enjoyed a Date shake and Jared had an Orange Vanilla shake. Then we headed back home to try to give Einar a nap, but instead it was me who got some shut-eye. Einar didn't get anymore sleep until the three of us went on a very long walk along the Forester Ranch Ridgeline trail. There were fantastic views of San Clemente on the trail and Einar was lulled to sleep by the off-roading in his jogging stroller.

Now the boys are in bed and I just finished watching Grey's Anatomy, which I try to catch every Sunday night if I remember. Tomorrow I'm going to sign him up for Parent and Baby swimming lessons at the local pool.