Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Where in the World is Karla Ogle?











Where do I start? Please accept my appologies for my long absence over the holidays, all of you loyal Einar Fans! Jared came home from his deployment, my family came down from Seattle for Christmas, and we enjoyed another week as our little family home here in San Clemente before Jared had to return to work yesterday. I'm having trouble believing that it is already 2007! Where has the time gone?

Jared and Einar took no time at all getting back into the swing of things when they were reunited. I'm truly impressed with how easily Jared has been able to decipher and understand what Einar is saying. It seems that he was keeping up on his toddler English while in Okinawa. Einar, for his part, woke up the next morning after we picked Jared up and the first words out of his mouth as he announced that he was awake from his crib was "Daddy!" He was also diligent in showing Daddy where and what everything was at home. He points at things and tells him what's what (ex. Mommy, TV, Choo Choo et al.) There were really only a few things that I had to catch Jared up on in terms of day to day Einar care.

Our holidays were nice and relaxing even though we had a house full of Bjorklunds visiting. The shopping was done early so we could hang out with my folks, Tor and Jess, and Gus (a.k.a. Great Uncle Steve). On the Friday before Christmas we all went to Disneyland for the day. Meals were great over the week since everyone was put in charge of at least one meal so kitchen work was minimal for all and the food was marvelous!

After we took the last guests to the airport, Jared and I walked Einar down to the movie theater and we watched Charlotte's Web. Einar sat on my lap the whole time munching popcorn and completely involved in the story. He would "oink" when Wilbur appeared or "BUS" when Fern went off to school in the school bus. The only time that he was scared was when the rotten egg fell down into Templeton's hole and I'm not surprised since it reminded me a lot of the boulder scene in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

There was even some Karla-time when I got to go off for a few hours and have some time to myself. The night before Jared went back to work we had a babysitter come over and we had Date-Night. It was really nice going out for some dinner and then coffee. We went to Starbucks and played Triominoes and it was great just being able to sit there and enjoy each other, our game, our coffee, the music, and not even get stressed out about the promo set up that they were trying to figure out in the store. I must be truly separated! On the way home we stopped for Tuesday night $1 ice cream cones at Baskin Robbins--yum.