Sunday, May 06, 2007

I'm Back!









No worries, I didn't run off to Mexico. It was only a day trip that I took last Saturday and I was home by dinner time. However, when I got back, Einar was having a bit of an intestinal bug going on and those take a bit of time to clear out of a little guy's system. We've been homebodies most of the week. You'd think that would make me more likely to keep up on the blog, but it seems that the opposite usually happens in that situation.

I've included a picture of my kitchen helper in his apron and "Elmo Foot" as he calls his slippers. Jared also got some good ones of their trip to the strawberry fields last Saturday. The fields at our farm look nothing like the strawberry fields of my childhood where the berries were all dirty and since it was the northwest, there was always a bit of mud around as well. They picked about a pound and a half. I think Einar picked 3 berrries.

My trip to Mexico was great. It turns out that it wasn't an orphanage we visited but a home that this couple has built on an olive grove to house boys that can't be with their families for lots of reasons that the Mexican CPS determines. They house about 20 kids right now and are building more houses and a chapel so that they can provide a home for up to 72 kids in the coming years. It is called Miracle Ranch and you can check it out on MiracleRanch.org. We painted their main building on the outside, made a bar-b-que lunch and then had a short bible study and craft project.

Yesterday we threw a surprise birthday breakfast for Myrna, my mom's cousin. My mom's cousins were down visiting Disneyland and we enjoyed having them all over for waffles.