Saturday, September 08, 2007

A Trip to Mission San Juan Capistrano

A few days before Jared returned from his month long excursion to Fort Irwin in the Mojave Desert, my friend Amy came to visit. She was attending a conference in San Diego and stayed over a few more days and drove up to San Clemente. We spent one morning and went to the Mission in San Juan Capistrano. It was lovely this time of year with it's elaborate gardens and koi ponds and we even saw Monarch Butterflies as caterpillars all over as they were trying to attach themselves to park benches to move on to the chrysalis stage. For lunch we crossed the street and had deep fried artichoke hearts with some other tasty lunch treats. I'm afraid we aren't the most exciting hosts after about 1:30 in the afternoon, however since both Einar and I are inclined to take part in a daily siesta these days.
Jared returned on the 30th and was home for a week before he left on his ship until the 21st. We had a good week at home with him. He had to work on Labor Day, but we did get to enjoy his company once he go home from work. He was also able to go with me to see a new OBGYN in Laguna. I like him much better than the first once I tried and we even had an ultrasound and saw the baby moving and kicking around. I guess I'm about 12 weeks along by now.









In front of the Mission ruins with Amy.





















Seeing the train go by is always exciting!














"Making Coffee" with Dad. Einar is always volunteering to make coffee while we make dinner. Here Jared is making a really yummy Phad Thai meal. I haven't been up to much cooking since I've been home. With the heat in the 90s for a week and the stomach that hasn't really been up to food much, food hasn't been my priority. Thankfully the guys are taking good care of me!