Saturday, January 14, 2006

Rip Van Einar



That is the little guy's new nickname that Jared and I use whenever he sleeps for an extraordinary length of time. Last night he went to bed just after 8 and woke up this morning almost 12 hours later! He usually wakes up around 8 am or so, but after waking for a snack or two in the darkest hours of the night. When Jared left for work this morning, he said, "Say Hi to Rip when he wakes up this morning!"

Yes, Jared is working on a Saturday this week =(. He's had several very long days this week and yesterday didn't even get to see Einar because he left long before he woke up and returned home about a half an hour after he'd gone to bed. Hopefully today will be better for Einar and Jared interaction.

Well, Einar just went back to bed for his first of today's naps. He managed to make it an hour and a half after waking this morning before needing more sleep. I was considering going to the commissary at 10 to beat the crowds of payday weekend, but I think I'll be changing my plans today. Maybe we'll just be walking down to Trader Joe's this morning to get our eggs and garlic.

Yesterday I took the day off, only cooking my oatmeal for breakfast, eating lunch with a friend and leftovers for dinner. Einar and I played all day and it was great. No dishes and no putting away the Tupperware and toys for the day. Today it's back to normal activities.

If you get a call from the guy in the pictures, make sure that you tell him to hang up the phone when he's done!

No comments: