Friday, January 06, 2006

Was it Christmas only a week-an-a-half ago?


With the weather the way it is today and yesterday, I'd swear that we were already heading into the summer months. Yesterday it was in the 80's and today it is in the upper 70's. Einar and I are wearing shorts and t-shirts today and right now he's just in a onesie and not even wearing a pair of socks. I took off his outfit when he sat down for a late lunch of cheerios, an apple slice, bananas, and yogurt-cereal mix--the laundry is easier that way.

I've included a picture of Einar the way that I'd like to see him in about 30 minutes--asleep. It's approaching 4 and we got back from the commissary awhile ago and now it's about time for a nap. He has figured out and is diligently practicing fitting whatever toys or objects through the banister railing and watching them all fall down to the first floor. I guess he saw us throw towels and things down to the hamper one to many times. He is good at putting things into baskets and helping that way, so later on after his nap I'll employ him to help me put everything into a laundry basket to bring it back upstairs. That way he can do it all again!

Yesterday we went to Laguna Beach and babysat all day for a friend of mine who has gone back to work, but is still waiting for a place in the daycare near her office. So Einar and I spent the day with Kailani who is almost 5 months old. I had spent Wednesday night tossing and turning being anxious about watching the two of them in Kailani's place since it isn't set up yet for an inquisitive cruiser quite yet, but Einar was great all day. He and Kailani took 3 simulatneous naps and I even got to partake in two of them. Lunch for me was during the middle nap. We walked to the park where they watched the other kids play while drinking there lunch milk. Einar even got to swing on the baby swing. We were both exhausted when we got home, but the day turned out pretty well.

I'm going to start turning that picture into a reality. Say good-nap Einar!

No comments: