Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Self-feeding Experiment



Self-feeding is definitely a skill that requires a bunch of practice unfortunately. Einar is experimenting with all of the different textures of foods now and would rather get them to his mouth by himself, thank you very much. He no longer sits there willingly like a little bird with its mouth open while we spoon in dinner. No, the turns away his head and waves his hands in front of his face. Now every meal is going to be a production as you can see by the most recent pictures. Those are of today's lunch of Jared's turkey and rice.

This morning, Einar and I met 3 other moms and babies down at Dana Point Harbor to walk in the sunshine. It was a very mild morning with lots of sunshine and the ocean was beautiful. All four babies fell asleep on the walk today for the first time ever so we actually got in some good walking. Normally, at least one of the littlest ones won't stop crying and needs a diaper change or some milk so we stop for awhile and just chat while those needs are being met. Of course Einar is never one of those needy ones on our walks after all of his great walking practice around Greenlake.

I just took out two yummy looking loaves of banana bread that I made after one two many frozen bananas jumping out of the freezer when I opened the door. Einar's drinking up a bottle on my lap while I type and I think it's time for a refill. It might be time for a banana bread snack for me. Then as you may have guessed, I'll be mopping the floor. All of the chunky pieces are up of course, but the mop is required for this situation. Perhaps I should trade in some of that Starbucks stock for stock in Swiffer or Mr. Clean, maybe Lysol.

No comments: