Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Biological Hazards






I just got a phone call from the Ole Hansen Beach Club where Einar is taking his swimming lessons and today's lesson has been canceled because of a biological hazard in the kiddie pool--someone either pooped or threw up during lessons today. I guess it takes a day for clean-up, so our lessons will resume tomorrow. Instead of swimming right now, Einar is taking advantage of the situation by catching some extra zzzzz's in his crib. He didn't fall asleep until right before one this afternoon, so he's logging his fourth hour of napful bliss.

Me, I took an hour nap this afternoon to escape from my nose. Today I've been sneezing uncontrollably since I woke up this morning. I'm pretty sure that it's my allergies and was also pretty sure that I had used up the last of my Alavert as well. However, when I woke up from my nap I found a hidden stash of 4 doses that will certainly help me today and help postpone the Costco trip for a couple of days. Now I'm grilling an eggplant so that it can become a secret ingredient in tonight's dinner (I think I'm making pizza, but I still haven't decided yet).

This morning I took Einar to our church to watch the dirt movers. There is a huge construction project that is underway at the church to build new offices, bathrooms, kitchen and meeting area and they are moving A LOT of dirt. Einar and I brought snacks to enjoy as we watched the progress. We only stayed for about 45 minutes and then it was time for the crew's lunch break. Einar looked like he was in a trance the whole time. He didn't move much at all and there weren't any expression changes either, just enthralled in what was going on in front of him. We'll have to visit the church parking lot again.

Tomorrow it's off to the Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton for Einar's well-baby check-up. We'll find out for sure how far off of the growth charts he measures. I think he also gets a few shots as well. I'll keep you all posted.