Sunday, July 16, 2006

Where are the Pictures?

Well, something has happend to this blog and I can't seem to post any pictures! ARGH. I have a couple of good ones of Einar in a shopping cart at Trader Joe's this afternoon. I don't know what happened, but it doesn't seem to be giving me the option of posting photos anymore. Any bloggers out there who can help?

We've had a good weekend. Yesterday we started early by a stop at Starbucks and then finding some garage sales. I found a little tykes car for Einar for only a buck that he like driving around on our back patio. and some Disney books to read to the little guy. Since Jared left we've had a bit more of a bedtime routine with some scheduled bookreading while he drinks his evening milk. I have found that he pays more attention to the reading when he's occupied with the milk and a bit tired. Even now he likes repetition and so I usually read the story twice. Once we got home he took a long nap. This whole week he's been down for his nap around noon and sleeps for 3-4 hours! I'm going to keep trying to get him to his naps around that time since it seems to be working.

I remembered during yesterday's nap that we have an inflatable pool. I blew it up and added four buckets of water to it and he splashed around in it for an hour after his nap. I had my feet in it too cool off and read a magazine in my camping chair. It's in the upper 80's all weekend with 65% humidity. I know I shouldn't complain to Jared while he's in Okinawa, but it is an adjustment for me to get used to this weather. Please don't make me move to the east coast or the south! AFter splashing around for awhile, we showered and went to Wal Mart to cool off in the air conditioning and then had dinner at the Greek Restaurant next door. I shared a felafel and hummus platter with the little guy. He really liked the pita and tried everything else.

Today we went to church in the morning and then took Einar for a haircut afterwards. Melissa at Stud Cuts did a great job again. Einar, however, wasn't his composed self this time and started out by just sitting there and crying. He eventually calmed down a bit and wound up with a nice cut. There were two other little boys getting their hairs cut this afternoon as well. The place was absolutely packed and all of the chairs had barbers working. I guess that is the case on Sunday afternoons. The only thing I have to worry about when I go there is that the guys waiting their turns think that I'm waiting for someone in a chair and not for a turn in a chair for Einar. There was a bit of confusion over that one this afternoon, but we waited for Melissa anyway so it all worked out. Then it was home for a 4 hour nap! Afterwards we went to a new park for some swinging and playing and then to Trader Joe's for some food supplies. Einar is much more himsel, I'm glad to report. He even had a donut after church, something that he hasn't wanted for the past two Sundays. My little boy is back!

Sorry about the pictures, I'll keep trying.

No comments: