Monday, July 10, 2006

Early To Bed Night





Boys who swim crash early at night. Einar had his first swimming lesson this afternoon down at the Ole Hansen Community Pool. He learned how to kick while on his stomach (a skill he's been working on for the past couple of weeks) and we also sang some good water songs like Motor boat motor boat. We have class for four consecutive days this week and four consecutive days next week. He nearly fell asleep in the car on the way home so we had an early dinner and bath and then he went to sleep at 7PM!! That is about an hour and a half earlier than normal and 45 minutes earlier than last night.

I can't contribute the early bedtime with only swimming, however. He's still not his normal self and woke up this morning on the wrong side of the bed until he'd had some milk. Solid foods for breakfast were ruled out early on. Thankfully it was my chance for a few hours for myself and Kathleen picked him up and took him to Thunderbird park with her two kids. She reported back that although he was mellow all morning, he was in good spirits, played well, and didn't cry at all. I took the opportunity to get myself down to the beach that I'm supposed to be cleaning up on a regular basis with my calipers and garbage bag in hand. The only things out of the ordinary that I found on the beach were tent stakes, a crab sand toy that I brought home for Einar, and a lonely flip-flop. Once my clean-up was done, I went to have my nails done in San Juan Capistrano. The lady even painted a flower on my big toes. It's nice to have my nails painted since I run around in sandals and flip-flops all of the time. It's even better to have a few hours of Karla time!