Wednesday, November 02, 2005

A New Era for Karla



Yesterday I made the phone call that officially ended one Karla-era and jump-started the next one. I no longer work for Starbucks. Instead, Einar now has a full-time Mom who won't be nearly so jacked-up on caffeine--just kidding about the caffeine part. Starbucks has been a great company to work for and I it's hard to believe that I've been working for them since my sophomore year in college! It is definitely a bittersweet moment in my life, but it's time to make the change. Sorry everyone, I won't be bringing coffee home for Christmas for the first time in 12 years. Wish me luck in my new chosen field!

Tonight I made Curried Turkey Pot Pie with the left-overs from Jared's turkey yesterday. It was very yummy and Einar loved it as well. I milled some up for him and mixed it with his babyfood squash. I've never seen that squash disappear so quickly. You can tell he likes something if there are sound effects and his hands start waving up and down.

Einar has a blast giving folks the 'high-five.' Here is a picture of him in action while he was in Seattle. Today we didn't go out to see his public because his naps were more important so that he can get over his congestion.

No comments: