Thursday, February 16, 2006

Happy Birthday Einar!









The little guy turned One on Saturday and we celebrated with a fabulous party thrown in his honor. All four of his grandparents came down to spend time with the birthday boy and we also invited a couple of his new California friends and his San Clemente Church Grandma. In the morning while his parents went downtown for haircuts, Einar hung out at home with the granparents. When I got home I frosted cupcakes and the two little cakes for the birthday boys (Einar's friend Nathan turned 1 on Tuesday so we had a double party for him too). For lunch we served salad, broccolli, roasted turkey breast (too bad we didn't do the whole turkey because there weren't any leftovers!) and fresh rolls that Grandpa Lee made that morning.

Of course you want to know how the cake eating went....I put the cake down in front of Einar with the #1 candle lit and I blew it out for him before he grabbed the wick. Then he picked up the plate and threw the cake down on the floor. Well that wasn't going to work well, so I picked it up for him and put it frosting-side down on the table in front of him and he thought that was much better. It turned into a pile of crumbs, but I think that quite a bit of it ended up in Einar as well. I had made banana cake for him since he really likes bananas. He also enjoyed the scoop of ice cream that Jared fed him.

I will write more later today, but now I must go down and wake up Einar so that we can make our appointment at the California Highway Patrol to get his carseat turned around now that he is one year old and definitely over 20 pounds. They offer appointments so that you can be sure that your seat is installed properly. The kid gets to ride facing forward now!

p.s. being the father of a one year old is hard work! One of those pictures is of Jared snoozing on the couch during the birthday festivities and I couldn't help myself from getting the camera and snapping a picture of him.